Kid Tsu

Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Top 10 Favourite Breaks

I know... I know.... You heard all these before... I don't care... these are my top 10 hottest breaks..

10. Sly & The Family Stone - Sing A Simple Song
9. Lafayette Afro Rock Band - Hihache
8. Five Stairsteps - Don't Change Your Love
7. The Soul Searchers - Ashley's Roachclip
6. Skull Snaps - It's A New Day
5. Melvin Bliss - Synthetic Substitution
4. James Brown - Funky Drummer
3. The Honey Drippers - Impeach The President
2. The Whatnauts - Why Can't People Be Colors Too?
1. Ike & Tina Turner - Cussin' Cryin' and Carryin' On

I usually stay away from these for my own production... as they been sampled to death... but damn... you can always pick 'em when you hear 'em... so distinctive!

Mind you i did use the Whatnauts break on Bang Exclusive with Sean Price

Peace

Kid Tsu

No comments:

Post a Comment