Kid Tsu

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Mos Def - Mathematics and Other DJ Premier Beats

I'm a big fan of DJ Premier, and consider him a big influence on what i do. He creates amazing "bounce" in his beats unlike most others, through smart chops, precise cuts and syncopated drums and everything he touches seems to turn to gold. Coming from Texas, he made the move with Guru (who was from Boston, RIP) to New York, and he really gave New York Hip Hop it's trademark sound. I'm gonna showcase a few of my favorite DJ Premier beats.

Mos Def - Mathematics



Gang Starr feat. Big Shug and Freddy Fox - The Militia

 

 

Charli Baltimore - Everybody Wanna Know

 

 

Non Phixion - Rock Stars

 

 

Das EFX - Real Hip Hop

 

 

Gang Starr feat. Nice & Smooth - DWYCK

 

 

Group Home - Livin' Proof

 

 

Rakim - It's Been A Long Time

 

 

Jay Z - A Million And One Questions

 

 

Notorious B.I.G. - Kick In The Door

 

 

Bahamadia - 3 The Hard Way

 


Hope you enjoyed the joints yo... you can check my DJ Premier inspired track "Authentic" that I also did with Bahamadia right here.... http://kidtsunamimusic.com/the-chase/

Peace

Kid Tsu

2 comments:

  1. Preemo is my no.1 producer of all time. The realness- Group home is my personal favourite premo beat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection mate. Got a great Bahamadia mix by dj radhu somewhere. Inspired me to go dig it out..

    ReplyDelete